Saturday 7 June 2014

Embossing, distressing and stamping, oh my!


Hello, it's a rainy Saturday here so perfect time for me to catch up with blog posts. Mine tend to be like buses, none for a while then 2 at once!

I am always so nervous making a card for a fellow crafter, and this time was no exception! On the plus side my lovely friend likes purple and butterflies so I used this for ideas.


I had a good prowl through my box o stamps, and pulled out some divine Inkylicious ones I am ashamed to say I have never used *embarrassed face*. I used a postcard stamp and inked it up with some Memento Cocoa Brown as I thought a kinda vintagey look might be nice, and cut it out. I then used Versa Mark ink to stamp on the reeds, embossed them with copper powder, then stamped some wee fairies, used white powder, then added some sparkles to their trails with silver embossing powder.

I then used Milled Lavender and Shaded Lilac Distress Inks to make my background. I punched some teenie tiny flutterbies in purple pearlescent paper to complete the card.  

One of my lovely crafty friends sent me some gorgeous papers and other goodies this week, and one of the papers was just perfect for the layer underneath and the sentiment. Talk about awesome timing.


Thanks for popping by today.

I would like to enter the following challenges;
A Creative Romance - Anything Goes, with Happy Birthday
Handmade Harbour - Pretty
Craftroom Challenge - Things with wings



5 comments:

  1. If your friend does not like this card she wants her bumps feeling (her head examining) as it is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, so much work has gone into this. Love it - thanks for joining us at Handmade Harbour this week - good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful - I love the colours you have used! Thank you for joining us at the Handmade Harbour. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card love the little fairies and I am sure your friend will love this card .Thanks for joining us at Chocolate ,Coffee and Cards for the Embossing challenge . DT - Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful creation! Thank you so much for sharing with us at A Creative Romance. Jen xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I really appreciate it, Carol x