Friday 20 July 2012

Quick card.

Two blogs posts in one day *Sits down*. I am in a great craft group on FaceBook and we have a monthly card swap, I always try to do something different from my usual style so the recipient doesn't get what they would expect from me.

Today I made a pink and black card, the picture doesn't do the black layer justice. It is gorgeous pearlised paper from The Papeterie in my second home of Aberdeen. 

Hope you like the card.


Ingredients
Pink paper from a magazine freebie
Black paper from The Papeterie
Swirl is a Die'Namics Die
Sentiment stamp, grey ink, flower, pearls, gems and ribbon from stash.


I would like to enter this into the following challenges;
Paper Crafting Journey - Swirls and pearls(I have used black pearls)
Samuel Taylors - Die Cuts
Paper Pretties - Bling
Operations Write Home - Complementary colours.
Creative Craft Challenges - Pink & Black
Loves Rubber Stamps - Pink, black and grey.
Oldie But A Goodie - Flower Power(paper and flower) something 6 months old(ribbon and gems)



9 comments:

  1. Very pretty ~ I love the swirl! Thanks for playing along with us at Kaboodle Doodles this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love it, the dp and the flourish are so beautiful. Fabulous card. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fabulous project - so pretty
    Thanks for joining us at Oldie but a Goodie this fortnight
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Carol. This is such a pretty card. I love the background paper and the flourish. It shows the flower up perfectly.
    Thank you for joining in at Creative Craft Challenges and good luck.
    Love Sandra GDT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Carol! That background paper is so pretty and it really makes the black accents pop off the page! Thank you so much for playing with us at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate when photos don't do my cards justice... so I've learned to be imaginative when I look at other crafters' cards too LOL Love the floral paper and that is a great flourish die! =) Thanks for joining us for the Pearls & Swirls challenge at Paper-Crafting Journey!

    If you're interested, I have some Christmas-in-July Cash Candy on my blog: I Never Went to Kindergarten Come join the fun before it ends this Friday! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Carol,

    What a pretty card! I love your pink and black color combination. And, I'm sure this card will bring a smile to your card-swap recipient's face. :)

    Thank you for playing along with our Midweek Throwdown Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A pretty card. I love the paper. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft.
    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I really appreciate it, Carol x