Sunday, 11 August 2013

Always good to be fabulous!!

And what better way to tell someone they are fabulous than giving them a handmade card?  I had a crafty afternoon yesterday and got rather inky, which is unusual for me. And made some backgrounds using the very versatile Large Chevron Background Stamp by Sarah Hurley

This card I made using 7 different colours of Memento Ink Pads and inked up the chevron stamp, I stamped it onto  my favourite 250gsm Diamond White card and trimmed it down to size. I made the sentiment frame topper using Everyday Sayings Stamps, they have great phrases likes "Awesomesauce", "Epic" and "Whatever" so can be used for a huge range of things. I popped the wee framed onto 1mm foam pads to give it a lift off of the chevrons. I am really pleased with the results, and how unmessy it was to make :D


Ingredients
Memento Dew Drop Ink Pads
Diamond White card
Black paper from stash.

I hope this inspires you to try some inky crafting.

I would like to enter the following challenges;
Our Creative Corner - Words, Words, Words.
Brown Sugar Challenges - Anything Goes
Inspire Me Fridays - Anything Goes
Flourishes Timeless Tuesdays - Make your own background paper using stamps


8 comments:

  1. The color creates a lot of movement! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this sentiment block - a block of gorgeousness!

    -Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  3. CAS beauty! Thanks for sharing at Brown Sugar Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow..your multi color chevron stripes look awesome!! I am so glad you could play along with us this week at Flourishes for our Timeless Tuesday Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those funky multi-coloured chevrons - a great background for the words. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great colours and LO!
    Thank you for joining us at OurCreativeCorner!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a vibrant card! I love the blended ink colours - Thanks so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner this month - Love from Laura xxx

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I really appreciate it, Carol x